It seems that the whole world has experienced increased heat during recent summers. 🥵 The Australian BOM (Bureau of Meteorology) reports a year over year increase in average temperatures for the last five consecutive years. Nine of the hottest 10 years on record have occurred since 2005!
Here are the top five tips for using your WrapMeCool to make heatwaves more bearable and help prevent heat stress.
There has been a lot of discussion in the Australian media lately about heat waves.
Besides being really draining and uncomfortable heat waves are a major source of harm to people, not just because of bush fires, but as events that lead to illness, hospitalisations and sometimes death!
Our friends/family/customers with MS have told us that WrapMeCool® helps with the effects of heat sensitivity caused by MS, and we really wanted to do more.
We were proud to be a part of the 24 Hour MS Mega Swim in Sydney, Australia. This event raises funds for MS Australia’s Go for Gold Scholarships, financial assistance programs and providing services to directly benefit those living with MS.
Heat sensitivity can be caused by every day events like hot weather, exercise, emotions, fatigue, fever, sunbathing and hot baths.
The good news is that the symptoms improve with cooling and rest. The key is to avoid getting hot in the first place and then to remain cool.
WrapMeCool is the perfect cooling garment for people living with MS because it is effective, lightweight, discreet and easily re-cooled — not to mention all the lovely colours!
- Perfectly Imperfect Program Announcement
- 5 Easy Tips to Survive Heatwaves Using WrapMeCool®
- What's New at WrapMeCool?
- Why we support the Red Hat Society
- MS Society and #ACTSOFGREATNESS
- Our Top 5 Tips On How To Stay COOL During HEATWAVES
- WrapMeCool® supports WAMS (Women Against Multiple Sclerosis)
- “If You Saw A Heat Wave, Would You Wave Back?”
- Sydney Day Nursery Trials WrapMeCool® to Keep Their Kids Cool
- 24 Hour Multiple Sclerosis Mega Swim